Achievements for Year 2018
- Saksham Mahajan (2nd Year, BE-Mechanical) won bronze medal in 55th National Roller Sports Championship held at Kurukshetra, Haryana (18th-23rd January 2018).
- Aashish Aggarwal (4th Year, BE-ECE) was selected in JAGRITI YATRA 2018 held at IIT Bombay (24th Dec, 2017 – 8th Jan, 2018). He has been selected among 425 members out of nearly 5000 applications (including India and outside India). Website: http://www.jagritiyatra.com/current-selected
- Raghav Mohindru (4th Year, BE-EIC) secured 2nd position in Badminton in the event URJA-2018 held at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala (16th-18th Feb, 2018).
- Manjot Singh (3rd Year, BE-MBA(COE)) secured 2nd position by making “File transfer through Blockchain based deliverables” in the event “Zero to One Hackathon” held at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (23rd-24th Feb, 2018).
- Maanvi Maini (3rd Year, BE-ENC) won 2 Gold and 1 silver medals in Athletics (200m, 4x100m Relay, 100m) in the event URJA-2018 held at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala (16th-18th Feb, 2018).
- Shubham Gupta & Shubham Pandit (4th Year, BE-CAG) secured all India 3rd Rank in “Nasscom Game Development Hackathon” held online by Maharashtra Government (23rd Feb-4th March, 2018).
- Astha Nigam (3rd Year, BE-COE) won 1st prize along with cash prize of ₹5000 in paper presentation titled "SAHINATOR - Solar Aqua Water Heater Inator" held at IIT, Delhi (Feb, 2018). The paper was presented by a team of 5 membes. Various teams participated from all over the country.
- Astha Nigam (3rd Year, BE-COE) won 2nd prize along with a cash prize of ₹3000 in paper presentation titled "Rituals of Water Pollution" held at IIT, Delhi (Feb, 2018). The paper was presented by a team of 5 members. Various teams participated from all over the country.
- Astha Nigam (3rd Year, BE-COE) won 2nd prize and cash prize of ₹10000 rupees in Basketball in the event URJA-2018 held at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala (16th-18th Feb, 2018).
- Astha Nigam (3rd Year, BE-COE) reached pre final round and was shortlisted within 15 best teams in the category of “Rural Development for the model of SAHINATOR”. Participated with a team of 6 students in the event “Smart India Hackathon, Hardware Edition, 2018” held online (Dec, 2017 – May, 2018). She reached pre final among 6000 entries for various innovations in various categories all over the country.
- Suman (4th Year, BE-SE) won a gold medal in 4*100 m relay race in URJA 2018 held at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala (16th-18th Feb, 2018).
- Astha Nigam (3rd Year, BE-COE) participated in Basketball and reached quarter finals in the event Sangram held at IIT, Roorkee (29th Mar - 1st April, 2018).
- Tanuj Vishnoi (3rd Year, BE-COE) won “Best Research Paper Award in Innovation Track” and a cash prize of INR 10,000. The Paper is published with ISBN titled "Neural Network Based Solution towards Crop Vandalism" in the Conference Proceedings of TEAMC18 in the event “The International Conference, "Towards Extensible and Adaptable Methods in Computing” held at NSIT, New Delhi (26-28th Mar, 2018).
- Kundan Nigam (4th Year, BE-COE) presented research Paper on "Gender, Makeup, Age and Illumination prediction from facial Images using Ensemble Modeling" in “3rd IEEE International Conference for Convergence in Technology” held at Pune, Maharashtra (6th – 8th April, 2018).
- Suman (4th Year, BE-SE) with a team of 4 students secured 3rd position in 4x100m Relay race after defeating the teams from all across India in the event “Inter Technology University championship” held at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (16th Apr, 2018).
- Chirag Garg (4th Year, BE-CML) was 1st Runner up in Deloitte Technoutsav held at Hyderabad (13th April, 2018). A prototype on an idea was presented by using Technologies like Machine learning and Natural language processing.
- Tanuj Vishnoi (3rd Year, BE-COE) won First Prize for “Button Based Design on Women Security against Sexual Violence”. The event was judged by 2 mentors from Udacity India and a mentor from a Tech firm in the event “Octahacks Hackathon” held at Chitkara University, Punjab (14-15th April 2018).
- Jashanpreet Singh Sraw (3rd Year, BE-COE) participated in internship “Google Summer of Code 2018” (14th May - 7th Aug, 2018) sponsored by Google during the summer to work with “SymPy”, a Python library for symbolic mathematics.
- Samar Sunkaria (4th Year, BE-COE) has completed “Google Summer of Code 2018”. Internship sponsored by Google during the summer to work with a Brazilian Organisation called “Rocket.Chat”. This is an international competition where only about 1.2K students are selected each year.
- Sannya Singal (4th Year, BE-CML) selected for “Digital India Internship Scheme” (11th Jun – 10th Aug, 2018). She got chance to work at “Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Delhi”. She was selected among top 25 students from all over India to do a summer internship at MeitY. She applied for R&D IT department which had two slots from total 25 seats.
- Akshey Marwaha (ME-Thermal Engg.) reviewed paper in High impact SCI journal (Impact Factor= 6.6). As a part of M.E. thesis work, the paper was written and submitted to the journal. As first author of paper, the student has published the paper during his M.E. degree in period of about 6 months. Link of paper: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/01614940.2018.1494782.
- Nikhil Verma (4th Year, BE-COE) attended “ACM-India Summer School on Data Science” held at Goa University, Goa (4th-16th Jun, 2018). ACM-India annually arranges summer school mentioned here at http://india.acm.org/#summer_schools. He registered for 3 out of 5 schools, in an order of priority, and got selected for first two.
- Ilisha Walia (4th Year, BE-COE) participated in International Conference on 'PEACE YOUTH AND VIOLENT EXTREMISM' held at Melaka, Malaysia (30th July - 3rd Aug, 2018).
- Rakesh Prajapat (4th Year, BE-ECE) selected for “Cyber Security Program” held at Tel Aviv University, Israel (1st July - 19th July, 2018). The state of Israel, “The Start-Up Nation,” has maintained its position as a leading powerhouse for cyber security innovation. It was a one-time opportunity to experience the world of cyber warfare, security threats, fundamental technologies of cyber security systems, cryptography, Internet, Dark Web, Protocols, Routing and Cyber Safety.
- Abhishek Bamotra (4th Year, BE-Mechatronics) presented paper in IEEE ICARM 2018 with support from NUS, Singapore (18-20 July, 2018).
- Abhishek Bamotra (4th Year, BE-Mechatronics) presented paper in IEEE ICIA 2018 with support from NUS, Singapore (11-14 Aug, 2018).
- Samar Sunkaria (4th Year, BE-COE) participated in “Apple developer academy” held at Italy (Oct, 2018-Jun, 2019). Apple developer academy is a school started by the University of Naples in conjunction with Apple Inc. Students from all over the world apply for this program, and only a handful are selected (~340 this year).